Cereal Pancakes are a mini version of your favorite hotcake recipe. This Tiktok trending homemade breakfast cereal pancakes are fluffy and delicious. Whether you make these from fresh pancake batter or from the best homemade pancake mix, your breakfast and brunch game is about to be lit. Hello IHOP cereal Pancakes there’s a new mini hotcake in town.
What is Cereal Pancakes or Pancake Cereal?
These are simply bite sized pancakes that go by a variety of names. From cereal pancakes to pancake cereal, mini pancakes or midget pancakes. All these refer to this breakfast cereal that’s made and topped with a variety of toppings like powdered sugar, strawberries, chocolate and lots more. It’s a perfect combination of cereal and pancakes all in one.
Like Dalgona Coffee aka Whipped Coffee, these Cereal Pancakes are another TikTok sensation. Blame it on creativity that stems from staying home for too long especially with kids around.
Going by the various pancake recipes on the blog, I bet you already knew I would be making some mini pancakes here and you guessed right dear friend.
Are these the same as IHOP Cereal Pancakes?
The diffference between these mini pancakes and Ihop cereal pancakes is in the size. Ihop cereal pancakes are regular sized pancakes that are adapted to a variety of cereal flavors.
While pancake cereal is made are miniature pancakes even smaller than dollar pancakes they can also be easily adapted to your favorite breakfast cereal flavors.
Do you eat cereal Pancakes, with milk or with no milk?
The way you decide to dig into this delightful breakfast rave is totally up to you. We love to have these cuties just like pancakes, butter and pancake syrup or maple syrup with a dust of powdered sugar.
We dig in with fork or spoon whichever we find on the rack (these days I seem to be missing all my cutlery). 🤔
I absolutely love mine without milk. Like seriously no milk necessary for me in my Pancake Cereal but if that’s your thing, enjoy.
What you’ll need (Ingredients and tools)
If you aren’t using my Homemade Pancake mix already, all you need to make this breakfast cereal are listed below you can also check out my fluffy buttermilk pancakes recipe.
- All purpose flour
- Butter (I prefer to use salted)
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Salt ( if you use unsalted butter)
- Mixing bowl
- Non stick pan
- Squeeze bottle or a piping bag: If you don’t have any of these, a ziplock bag can serve as a piping bag.
How to make Cereal Pancakes (Tik tok’s Pancake Cereal) from scratch.
* This is an overview of the recipe full recipe instructions can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this page. Be sure to what the included video to see this recipe in action.
Pic 1-3; Add eggs and milk to dry ingredients
Pic 4-6; add melted butter and mix, then pour batter into squeeze bottle.
Pic 7-9; squeeze out 1 inch dots onto heated griddle. Flip when you begin to see bubbles.
If you don’t have a squeeze bottle or piping bag, you can also use a ziplock bag or spoon. See Image below for guidance
Can I make this Cereal Pancakes Recipe with Pancake mix?
Oh yes! Most definitely you can make your Cereal Pancakes with Pancake mix, whether homemade or store bought. I use my homemade pancake mix because it saves me time plus I always have a jar of homemade pancake mix in my pantry.
There are various ways to enjoy your cereal pancakes in terms of flavor and toppings. Some of which are listed below.
- Strawberry mini Pancakes
- Chocolate Pancake cereal
- Birthday cake
- Bacon Pancake cereal
- Pancake Syrup
- Maple Syrup
- Strawberry Syrup
- Fresh fruits
- Chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- Cream cheese
Kindly refer to the chart below, it shows how to make the different variations of this Pancake cereal
Are you Vegan? It gets even better because you can make Vegan Pancake Cereal too.
How to make Vegan Cereal Pancakes (Vegan Pancake Cereal)
To make vegan Cereal Pancakes, you will need to swap out the non vegan ingredients for vegan ones.
To 1 cup of my homemade Pancake mix, add 1 ¼ cup vegan milk of your choice (eg soy milk or almond milk) and 2 tablespoon canola oil.
Mix ingredients together, then pour into squeeze bottle and use.
My Review of TikTok’s Pancake Cereal.
It was fun making these mini pancakes, hot cakes, flap jacks or whatever you choose to call them but it is quite time consuming and not as fast to finish as Tiktok’s Dalgona coffee. I must say, It’s a labor of love to make these.
Would I make it again? My kids liked it so ... Probably, but definitely not on the regular.😀
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips!
- It’s best to use a squeeze bottle, a piping bag or ziplock bag If you don’t have any of those, you can use a teaspoon but be minded that the pebbles may be bigger.
- Squeeze out a little at a time. Be reminded that the more pressure you apply the more batter you push out.
- Fry pancakes on medium low heat. Turn off heat as soon as it’s time to flip these minis. The residual heat will begin to cook the next batch so don’t turn on the stove again until the you have finished piping the next batch onto the griddle.
- It’s easier to use two spatulas to flip the pancakes. Make sure to watch the video to see how i do it.
- You need to warm your mini pancakes in microwave before serving because of their size and the length of time needed to fry them, the pancakes get cold quickly.
- Are you a TikTok user? Follow me there for more fun as I navigate the platform (I am brand new lol)
Frequently asked questions
What are mini pancakes called?
Before Tiktok’s viral trend of cereal pancakes, they were mostly called silver dollar pancakes. However they go by a variety of names which include; midget pancakes, cereal pancakes, pancake cereal and miniature pancakes.
Who started Pancake cereal?
Melanie Locke a Tiktok star is said to have started this food trend.
Did you find this post helpful? Remember to share with your family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group. I am curious to know, Would you take the challenge and make some pancake cereal today. If you have already made some, would you make it again. Leave me a comment, I can’t wait to hear from you.
Cereal Pancakes Recipe
- Squeeze bottle or Piping bag
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 tablespoon Salted butter melted
- 1 Large Egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract optional
- ¾ Cup Milk
- Measure out the ingredients,
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a bowl Pour the melted butter, milk and egg and vanilla extract (if using) into the flour mix, whisk till just incorporated. Pour the melted butter, milk and egg and vanilla extract (if using) into the flour mix, whisk till just incorporated.
- Pour batter into a squeeze bottle or piping bag.
- Put griddle on stove, spray oil spray and turn on heat.
- Pipe ¾ inch dots on heated griddle, when bubbles begin to form on the surface of these mini pancakes, turn off heat and flip pancakes using two spatulas.
- For the next batch don’t turn on the heat until all mini pancakes are piped onto the griddle. Turn on heat and watch for bubbles then turn off heat again and flip.
- Refill squeeze bottle as needed then Repeat process till all the batter is used up.
- Please watch the video, it’s the best way to get a recipe right.
- If using my homemade pancake mix, use one cup of pancake mix and add wet ingredients and proceed as indicated
Kindly refer to the body of the post for more recipe tips
- To melt butter, pop into microwave for 10 - 15 secs.
- Wipe the griddle in between batches if you are using non stick spray cans as It may leave some burnt oil residue. If using oil spray from bottles, that may not happen.