As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Cereal Pancakes, Pancake cereal or mini pancakes more like midget pancakes. Call it whatever you want, this Tiktok trending homemade breakfast cereal is fluffy and delicious. Whether you Make this from the fresh pancake batter or from the best homemade pancake mix, your breakfast and brunch game is about to be lit. Hello IHOP cereal Pancakes there’s a new mini hot cake in town.
What is Cereal Pancakes or Pancake Cereal?
Yes I know right! What is it really? Well just like our good old Dalgona Coffee aka Whipped Coffee, these Cereal Pancakes is another TikTok sensation. Blame it on Quarantine, I must say creativity has been at its wits end.
Cereal Pancakes or Pancake Cereal is just what it is, mini versions of our beloved breakfast staple, Pancakes!! Yass!! Pancakes. You see why I needed to make these 😉
Going by the various pancake recipes on the blog, I bet you already knew I would be making some mini pancakes here. Guy guessed right dear friend.
Are these the same as IHOP Cereal Pancakes?
The diffference between these mini pancakes and Ihop cereal pancakes is in the size. Ihop cereal pancakes are regular sized pancakes that are adapted to a variety of cereal flavors. whereas this pancake cereal is made with miniature pancakes that can easily be adapted to your favorite breakfast cereal flavors as well.
How to eat cereal Pancakes, with milk or with no milk?
They way you decide to dig into this delightful breakfast rave is totally up to you. We love to have these cuties just like pancakes, butter and pancake syrup or maple syrup with a dust of powdered sugar.
We dig in with fork or spoon whichever we find on the rack (these days I seem to be missing all my cutlery) I should blame that on quarantine as well. 🤔
I absolutely love mine without milk. Like seriously no milk necessary for me in my Pancake Cereal but if that’s your thing, enjoy.
Can I make Cereal Pancakes (Pancake Cereal) with Pancake mix.
Oh yes! Most definitely you can make your Cereal Pancakes with Pancake mix, whether homemade or store bought. I use my homemade pancake mix because it saves me time plus I always have a jar of homemade pancake mix in my pantry.
If you aren’t using my Homemade Pancake mix already, all you need to make this breakfast cereal are listed below you can also check out my fluffy buttermilk pancakes recipe.
- All purpose flour
- Butter (I prefer to use salted)
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Salt ( if you use unsalted butter)
How to make Cereal Pancakes (Tik tok’s Pancake Cereal)
* This is an overview of the recipe full recipe instructions can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this page. Be sure to what the included video to see this recipe in action.
Pic 1-3; Add eggs and milk to dry ingredients
Pic 4-6; add melted butter and mix, then pour batter into squeeze bottle.
Pic 7-9; squeeze out 1 inch dots onto heated griddle. Flip when you begin to see bubbles.
If you don’t have a squeeze bottle or piping bag, you can use a spoon. See Image below for guidance
Pancake Cereal Variations
Everyone should enjoy variety especially with food cos as the saying goes, variety is a spice of life. There are various ways to enjoy your cereal pancakes in terms of flavor and toppings.
Kindly refer to chart how to make this variants of Pancake cereal
- Strawberry mini Pancakes
- Chocolate Pancake cereal
- Birthday cake
- Bacon Pancake cereal
Are you Vegan? It gets even better because you can make Vegan Pancake Cereal too.
How to make Vegan Cereal Pancakes (Vegan Pancake Cereal)
To make vegan Cereal Pancakes, you will need to swap out the non vegan ingredients for vegan ones.
To 1 cup of my homemade Pancake mix, add 1 1/4 cup vegan milk of your choice (eg soy milk or almond milk) and 2 Tbsp canola oil.
Mix ingredients together, then pour into squeeze bottle and use.
- Pancake Syrup
- Maple Syrup
- Strawberry Syrup
- Fresh fruits
- Chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- Cream cheese
My Review of TikTok’s Pancake Cereal.
It was fun making these mini pancakes, hot cakes, flap jacks or whatever you choose to call them but it is quite time consuming and not as fast to finish as Tiktok’s Dalgona coffee. I must say, It’s a labor of love to make these.
Would I make it again? My kids liked it so … Probably, but definitely not on the regular.😀
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips!
- It’s best to use a squeeze bottle or a piping bag. If you don’t have any of those, you can use a teaspoon but be minded that the pebbles may be bigger.
- Squeeze out a little at a time. Be reminded that the more pressure you apply the more batter you push out.
- Fry pancakes on medium low heat. Turn off heat as soon as it’s time to flip these minis. The residual heat will begin to cook the next batch so don’t turn on the stove again until the you have finished piping the next batch onto the griddle.
- It’s easier to use two spatulas to flip the pancakes. Make sure to watch the video to see how i do it.
- You need to warm your mini pancakes in microwave before serving because of their size and the length of time needed to fry them, the pancakes get cold quickly.
- Are you a TikTok user? Follow me there for more fun as I navigate the platform (I am brand new lol)
Did you find this post helpful? Remember to share with your family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group. I am curious to know, Would you take the challenge and make some pancake cereal today. If you have already made some, would you make it again. Leave me a comment, I can’t wait to hear from you.
Cereal Pancakes Recipe
- Squeeze bottle or Piping bag
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 Tbsp Salted butter melted
- 1 Large Egg beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract optional
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- Measure out the ingredients,
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a bowl Pour the melted butter, milk and egg and vanilla extract (if using) into the flour mix, whisk till just incorporated. Pour the melted butter, milk and egg and vanilla extract (if using) into the flour mix, whisk till just incorporated.
- Pour batter into a squeeze bottle or piping bag.
- Put griddle on stove, spray oil spray and turn on heat.
- Pipe 3/4 inch dots on heated griddle, when bubbles begin to form on the surface of these mini pancakes, turn off heat and flip pancakes using two spatulas.
- For the next batch don’t turn on the heat until all mini pancakes are piped onto the griddle. Turn on heat and watch for bubbles then turn off heat again and flip.
- Refill squeeze bottle as needed then Repeat process till all the batter is used up.
- Please watch the video, it’s the best way to get a recipe right.
- If using my homemade pancake mix, use one cup of pancake mix and add wet ingredients and proceed as indicated
Kindly refer to the body of the post for more recipe tips
- To melt butter, pop into microwave for 10 – 15 secs.
- Wipe the griddle in between batches if you are using non stick spray cans as It may leave some burnt oil residue. If using oil spray from bottles, that may not happen.