This easy peasy Sardine Pasta Recipe gets ready in less than 30 mins. Seafood spaghetti is Perfect for midweek dinners for anyone especially for super busy people. My 15 minute canned tuna pasta is one of the most popular easy dinner recipes in my home. My daughter literally requests for it weekly.
Table of Contents
- 1 Sardine Pasta Recipe
- 2 Ingredients needed to make pasta with sardines
- 3 How to make Sardine Spaghetti with step by step photos.
- 4 Make ahead and how to store.
- 5 What to serve with Sardine Pasta
- 6 Quick Recipe Notes and Tips to make the best Sardine Pasta
- 7 Other Quick Dinner Recipes to try
- 8 More Pasta Recipes
- 9 Sardine Pasta
Sardine Pasta Recipe
Are you a busy mom? Looking for the perfect meal to feed your family? Look no further this Sardine Pasta Recipe’s got you covered. If you love saucy like this instant pot spaghetti and meatballs or not so saucy like Kale spaghetti and meatballs my favorite Coconut Pasta or Jollof spaghetti.
Guess what? Sardine Pasta is easily adaptable and can be whatever you want it to be don’t worry I will show you how. My kids love saucy spaghetti but my husband isn’t a fan so this is always my half way recipe. It’s always a hit, never a miss!
Ingredients needed to make pasta with sardines
- Pasta of choice (I used thin Spaghetti)
- Pepper flakes
- Tomato paste
- Spice and herb blend
How to make Sardine Spaghetti with step by step photos.
Pic 1-3; Start the Sardine Pasta Sauce, sauté the onions, add the tomato paste, and spice blend.
Pic 4-6; While making the Pasta sauce, bring water to boil and cook your spaghetti according to package instructions. I highly recommend you read my post on how to cook the perfect pasta. It’s an easy to follow guide to cooking the perfect pasta every time.
Pic 7-9; wrap it all up! Break up the sardine in the sauce. Then mix sauce with drained pasta till well combined.
Make ahead and how to store.
This can be made up to 5 days ahead and stored in a functional refrigerator. This means it works well for meal planning. Make this over the weekend and portion into microwave safe bowls for easy reheating during the week.
Depending on your family size, this recipe can be doubled when meal prepping. To reheat cold spaghetti, get it out of the refrigerator, sprinkle some water into the bowl, then warm at 1 minute intervals till heated through. ( Make sure to stir at intervals)
The length of time it will take to warm it through will depend on the quantity in the bowl.
What to serve with Sardine Pasta
Sardine spaghetti is a versatile pasta recipe that can be served on its own or as a side dish. It goes very well with Cobb salad or cucumber salad.
It can also be served with the perfect hard boiled eggs, sautéed vegetables, air fryer Brazilian chicken legs or this delectable East spicy barbecue chicken drumsticks.
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips to make the best Sardine Pasta
- I usually make my sauce while the spaghetti is cooking because it saves time. You can also make the sauce before cooking the pasta.
- To make this recipe more saucy, use two 15 oz cans of Tomato sauce or 1 and ¼ of a 6 oz can of tomato paste.
- I love my pasta Al dente (which means firm to the bite and not mushy) if you prefer soft pasta, cook pasta for 2 minutes longer than indicated in this recipe.
Other Quick Dinner Recipes to try
- The Best Mashed Potatoes: Always a winner over here.
- Jollof Rice: forget about Jollof wars and enjoy this west African delicacy. This is not meant only for World Jollof Day. Guess what? If you abstain from meats I’ve got the perfect and Best Vegan Jollof Rice recipe just for you ❤️
- Coconut fried rice: Now doesn’t coconut just make everything better? This coconut fried rice is so easy to make and gives you an option of the stove top or oven cooked.
More Pasta Recipes
- Ground beef Pasta: Creamy delicious beef pasta recipe. Easy to make and gets ready in 30 minutes
- Slumguillon aka Beefaroni: Seriousjy You’ve got to try this! What would you say to bowl of meaty deliciousness. So so good!
- Spaghetti Stir fry: Have you tried whole grain pasta before? This recipe will have you going for seconds.
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite facebook group.
Hungry For More? Sign up for my Newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook for the latest updates!
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 3 sardines
- 6 Tablespoons Cooking Oil of choice
- 1 large Onion
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- Crushed peppers
Make the Sardine Pasta Sauce
- Sauté onions till soft and Tender
- Add tomato paste stir fry tomato paste for about a minute minute dilute with
- Add seasoning and water then let simmer on low heat for 2 minutes minutes.
- Add the sardines with the oil. Break it up and let it sardine sauce simmer for another minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Turn off heat
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- When pasta is cooked, drain pasta
- Combine Pasta and Sardines sauce.
- You can make the pasta while cooking the sauce.
How much water do I put in to the sauce? Thank you!
1/2 a cup to 3/4 cup is fine. 👍
Made this tonight for the family and everyone loved it. My son is not usually the biggest fan of spaghetti but he asked for a second portion. Will definitely be adding this to my repertoire!
Comments like yours make my day! Happy you and your family enjoyed it especially your son. Thank you for taking out time to let me know.
Hope you get to try more recipes on the blog 😊
Thank you for sharing your best pasta recipes. I will give it a try for my family.
You are welcome! Thanks for stopping by! Let me know how it went. Feel free to leave me a comment if you have any questions.
Gave this a try for dinner last night and it did not disappoint! Loved this fun twist to a classic recipe; it was delicious!
Nice to know Sara! Thank you so much 😊
I love when dinner can be thrown together quickly, and this pasta looks incredible! Definitely adding it to our dinner lineup this week!
I love sardines and never get to make them, because I can never find a dish that sounds good. I have found one now and I will be making this soon. I will be back to tell you how amazing it was.
Awesome! Waiting to hear from you. Thank you 😊
Really delicious and easy family dinner option. I will definitely put this on my menu for next week. Thanks for this lovely recipe and idea.
Yay! You will love it. Thanks 😊
This is really delicious!! A new favorite meal at my house!