Spaghetti is a kind of pasta which is long, slender and cylindrical and is usually made from wheat flour. We all know that pasta is native to the Italians. Pasta can be quite bland if not cooked with expertise so read on as I will be sharing some tips to get to the deliciousness you desire. Because of its versatility most other cultures have adopted it. Nigeria is not an exception and we sure have a way of making it our own... talk about jollof spaghetti.
Anything jollof is a big deal in our future. Jollof rice is one of our staples that can never go wrong on the taste buds of a first timer. Jollof rice is a delicious mix of rice and tomato stew cooked to perfection you have to give it a try. Find recipe here
Growing up, spaghetti wasn't my favorite, for some reason the texture didn't go well with me. Usually too soft. You see mom loved food on the soft side. She liked her rice softer too. I remember how she always used to remind me not to make the rice too hard lol and not to make the stew too spicy. I love hot and spicy too. There was this particular pasta recipe mom always made similar to Mac and cheese but without cheese with that recipe the pasta needed to be a bit on the soft side. That recipe is so yum. Will be sharing it soon.
I found out that I liked my pasta al dente meaning to the tooth in Italian simply put, soft but slightly firm. I discovered this was my preference when I started cooking pasta for my family in my childhood home.
If you are like me and like your pasta al dente then follow the tips I am about to share.
- Bring the water to a boil before adding your pasta.
- Cook for only 8 minute max 10 minutes depending on the brand of spaghetti
- when it's cooked pour into a colander and drain immediately
Did you try this recipe or found the tutorial helpful? Consider dropping a line or two at the comment section. Share with your family and friends and remember to subscribe for more awesome deliciousness sent to your in box
- Chichi ?
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper chunkily chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper chunkily chopped
- 3 0z tomato paste
- ¼ cup meat stock optional
- 1 tablespoon bouillon powder or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- Heat up the cooking oil in a clean sauce pan, add garlic, then onions. Saute till translucent but not soft. Pour in the blended roasted pepper mix or tomato paste and meat stock, add the bouillon powder, minced garlic and grated ginger and stir in.Allow sauce to simmer on medium to low heat for about 5 minutes or till mixture thickens. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly then add chopped green and red bell peppers and turn off heat.
- Add 2 tablespoon of salt to about 4-6 quarts of water and bring to boil. Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook for 8 minutes.Drain out the excess water and mix in the sauce.
Thanks for the recipe
You are welcome.