As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Our Nigerian Fried Rice….For some reason, fried rice always exhibits this air of royalty. But in my opinion jollof rice is king any time. We had some friends come over for lunch last weekend so I decided to delight them with Some fried rice. A welcome idea because I think we have had our fair dose of jollof in the past weeks so my oga and the kiddos were interested in this very Rice ?
I decided to treat good old fried rice like royalty at our table today, and what better way to treat her like royalty than to pair this dish with some shrimps ? ?? My people love Shrimps..Her royal magesty was delighted and this dish turned out to be an awesome lunch. Our guests totally enjoyed it.craving fried rice?? Come join us ? Click To Tweet
Did you find this tutorial helpful? It would be nice to share with friends and family. Did you try this recipe? Awesome!!! Rate the recipe and share your experience with us and other readers by dropping a comment below.
PS: Want the recipe for those juicy drumsticks? Get it here. It tastes simply amazing ?
PIN! PIN! PIN!
Nigerian Fried Rice with Shrimps
- 3 cups Parboiled long grain Rice (washed thoroughly and drained)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 habenero peppers
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt/bouillon to taste
- 21/2 cups frozen mixed veggies ( thawed and drained )
- 6 Tbsp cooking oil
- Salt/ bouillon to taste.
- 200 g Frozen Shrimps ? ?? (thawed and dabbed dry with paper towel)
- Pour chicken stock into a stock pot. Add the washed and drained rice into it and begin to cook.
- Cook rice till all the water is absorbed. Takes about 25mins
- Turn off heat and leave the pot covered for about 5 mins
- Transfer to bigger pot, preferably a wide brim one.
- While rice is cooking, Heat up cooking oil in a clean saucepan and sauté the onion and Shrimps in it till onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Add in the the mixed veggies and stir fry till the remainder of the water (moisture dries out)
- Mix the stir fried veggies with the rice till evenly incorporated. Be carful not to mash up the rice when turning