As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Macaroni Stir fry also called Macaroni veggie Stir fry or fried macaroni is delicious, fast and easy to prepare and the perfect dish for the weeknights or when you have some left over ham from your Thanksgiving dinner.
This macaroni stir fry can very easily become a household favorite because it’s simply delicious. My kiddos love Mac and cheese but this macaroni stir fry is on a totally new level. I usually throw in any meats I have on hand like some chopped bacon, ham or even hot dogs. This makes the dish even more interesting. Think of this dish as the pasta version of the Nigerian Fried rice.
What you need to make macaroni stir fry
- Frozen or fresh Mixed veggies
- Some ham or bacon ( optional but recommended to keep things more interesting)
- Some cooking oil
- Onions, spices and herbs
- 30 mins or less of your time ?
How to make macaroni stir fry
All you need to do is cook your pasta till just tender (al dente) not mushy.
Sauté your veggies and add your macaroni. It’s that easy. See recipe section for full recipe details.
Hope you had a fun Thanksgiving celebration with your beautiful family and friends. I did! Christmas is fast approaching. In the culinary world in the US it means cookie season. I have loads of cookie recipes lined up for you in the coming weeks so you can Learn, Make and Share with your family this Christmas. If you haven’t signed up for our newsletter yet, What are you waiting for? Sign up here so you don’t miss the amazing cookie recipes in the Learn, Make & Share Series!
PS: Sharing the recipes you love from the blog helps me keep providing ‘YOU’ my amazing readers with free quality content.
Always share with family and friends using the share buttons. Thank you for supporting mydiasporakitchen.com by sharing our recipes ❤️
PIN! PIN! PIN!
Macaroni Stir Fry!
- 16 oz Macaroni
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 large onion Chopped
- 1 habanero pepper
- 2 cups frozen or fresh mixed veggies thawed and drained
- 11/2 cup of ham cut up
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Add 2 tsp of salt to 8 cups of water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- When water begins to boil Allow pasta to cook for 8 mins then turn off heat and drain pasta.
- While waiting for Water to boil, Sauté onions in oil, add the chopped left over ham and store for about a minute.
- Add the mixed veggies, spice and herbs, stir fry for about a minute on medium low heat.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly
- Add the chopped green bell peppers and reduce heat to low
- Transfer the drained pasta into the pan with stir fry ham and veggies. Mix in thoroughly but gently.
- Taste again for seasoning and adjust if necessary
- Turn off heat and serve.
- If you were unable to work almost simultaneously with both pasta and sauce like in the recipe, and your pasta gets ready a while before your stir fry Stir does, add in a table spoon of oil into the drained pasta to keep it from drying out and sticking together.
- The Ham in this recipe can be substituted with any meat of your choice like sausages, hot dogs, bacon bits etc