Crispy Air fryer Brazilian chicken legs is delicious and easy to make. If you haven't tried making chicken legs in your air fryer before, this is a great place to start. The tasty zesty lime Brazilian Chicken marinade and seasoning used in this recipe adds a nice depth of flavor. Your air fryer dear friend will definitely take this chicken to the next level of crispiness. Haven't started using your Air fryer yet? This air fryer chicken legs is a must try.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer Chicken legs.
- 2 The Author behind the book Air fryer Revolution.
- 3 So Chichi, What is an Air fryer?
- 5 Ingredients:
- 6 Brazilian Chicken Marinade and Seasoning.
- 8 How to make Air fryer Chicken legs with step by step photos.
- 9 Air Fryer Revolution Book Review
- 10 Other Air fryer recipes to try
- 11 Tempero Baiano Chicken Drumsticks
Air fryer Chicken legs.
I love to read cookbooks and can hardly pass on reviewing them. Sometimes I do have way too many to review and I promise you I would get around to reviewing most of them if not all on the blog some day kindly bear with me. With most of my book reviews come a little gift but you need to read the post to get it.
The Author behind the book Air fryer Revolution.
Urvashi Pitre the owner of the blog twosleevers.com is a renowned best selling author of the book I am about to review. I was honored when she asked that I review one of her many best selling cookbooks Air Fryer Revolution. A book with 100 delicious crispy Air fryer recipes.
You may be wondering what's so cool about this book? Well Air fryers are in and they are not only here to stay, they are fast becoming a favorite way to fry. Ever heard of the slogan 'Air is the new Oil' that statement refers to the use of Air fryers.
So Chichi, What is an Air fryer?
Good question. An Air fryer is a table top kitchen appliance that mimics the mechanism of a convention oven. It cooks / fries food by circulating hot air rapidly. An air fryer uses hot air and very minimal oil (more like an oil spray)
A mechanical fan circulates hot air at high speed around the food. This method cooks the food and produces a crispy layer.
If you are new to air frying, be sure to check out my guide on how to use an Airfryer. Hopefully it will give you the information you need to help you get acquainted with your air fryer and give you the confidence you need to start using it.
Ingredients needed to make this Brazilian Chicken is listed below
- Chicken drumsticks,
- Seasoning mix and
- The marinade which is a mix of the seasoning blend and oil.
Brazilian Chicken Marinade and Seasoning.
This recipe requires some spices and herbs which is mixed together to make a marinade for the Brazilian Chicken. This marinade is now mixed with the chicken legs in a freezer bag or bowl, then covered with a plastic wrap before setting aside for at least 30 mins for the flavors to blend in.
The following ingredients goes into this Brazilian Chicken marinade
- Ground Cumin
- Ground oregano
- Dried parsley
- Ground turmeric
- Ground coriander
- Cayenne pepper
- Lime juice
- Olive oil
How to make Air fryer Chicken legs with step by step photos.
This is an overview of the recipe. Full printable recipe can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Pic 1-3; Gather your ingredients, make the marinade. Mix marinade with chicken and set aside in the refrigerator for up to 24 hrs.
Air Fryer Revolution Book Review
I found air fryer Revolution easy to read. Has a lot of beautiful pictures with concise easy to follow recipes.
It does a good job at giving you an overview of what an air fryer is. It talks about the benefits of air frying without overwhelming the reader with too much information.
Recipe types are well outlined and color coded with beautiful colors. I loved the section with homemade spice mix recipes and was excited to find her adaptation of Nigeria's most requested spice mix in there as well. Way to go Urveshi!
A book for the beginner and intermediate cook alike. New to Air frying? Don't stress it, you will love this Air fryer Revolution Cookbook.
I can't wait to try all the recipes in the book. I've already tried out the Brazilian Tempero Baiano Chicken drumsticks recipe on Pg 80 and it was a hit.
I have some good news for you dear friend. First one is that I will be sharing Brazilian Tempero Baiano Chicken drumsticks recipe with you today with permission from Urveshi and her publishers Houghton Mifflin Harcourt . This will give you a sneak peek of what's amazing recipes awaits you in the book.
Second good news is that we are hosting a giveaway and one lucky winner will get the Air fryer Revolution Cookbook for free.
Enter give away here (Giveaway is closed)
I found this Air fryer chicken legs easy to make and tasty. My family loved it. My next recipe to try will be the blueberry-cream cheese bread pudding on page 165 it looks so appetizing.
Some other best sellers by Urveshi Pitre
- Other chicken recipes which includes other drumstick recipe chicken a recipes
Wantair recipe Facebook can share fryer errors and
Click here to pin this Brazilian Chicken recipe
★ Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ below!
Tempero Baiano Chicken Drumsticks
- Air fryer
- meat thermometer
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 ½ pound Chicken drumsticks about 6 medium sized drumsticks
- Combine all spices together with the oil and lime juice.
- Transfer washer chicken drumsticks to a resealable plastic bag, add the marinade into the bag, seal, and massage until the chicken is well coated. Marinate at room temperature for 30 mins or in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- When you are ready to cook, place drumsticks in the air fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 400 F for 25 mins, turning the chicken to the other side halfway through the cooking time. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 F
- Serve and enjoy.
- Make sure you use your thermometer to check. It should be up to 165 F
- The cooking time will change depending on the size of your drumsticks. I air fried mine for 30 mins because I used larger chicken drumsticks.
*Brazilian Tempero Baiano Chicken Drumsticks is excerpted from Air Fryer Revolution: 100 Crispy, Healthy, Fast & Fresh Recipes © 2019 by Urvashi Pitre. Photography ©2019 by Ghazalle Badiozamani. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.