Yes!! This is the quickest yet delicious meatball sauce ever and it is Made with simple pantry ingredients. Well this may not be the quickest ? considering the store bought, meatball sauces which just need reheating straight from the jar right? But the ‘yet delicious’ part is true. And really this doesn’t take much of your time.
What do you need to put this delicious awesomeness together? The secret to the quickness is a very good quality organic tomato paste. If you have a home made stew base available, that would even be better but then this post won't be for you because it would defeat the essence of this post right? The aim of this post is to provide you with a quick fix in the absence of any 'plan ahead tool' A.K.A the availability of the frozen stew base.
To make this delicious sauce, you will need some meatballs. You can either make yours ahead like I did last week or you use the store bought variety whichever one is available at the time you are making this sauce. I like adding chopped green bell peppers to my sauces but today I decided to use fresh parsley as my flavor enhancer. Fresh Parsley, Basil or green bell peppers are a great flavor enhancer for stews. Have you tried any??? You will never go back?.
Why should you make this meatball sauce?
Here is what my son has to say about my meat ball sauces: ‘Mom this is a case of a Nigerian beating the Italian at his own game.’ That always melts my heart lol. But my sweet boy, I don’t know about beating the italIan’s at their game of meatball sauces. But I do know that my meatball sauces are darn good?. It’s probably just a difference in palate preference. Ok ok enough story let’s get cooking because this delicious meatball sauce and some Al dente Spaghetti or hot white rice awaits you if we start cooking NOW??
Did young enjoy today’s recipe? Kindly rate it and share your thoughts with us below. Do you know anyone that would benefit from these tutorials? Please share with them too. Thank you!!
Quickest Yet Delicious Meatball sauce ever.
- 1 can (170g ) organic tomato paste
- 1 medium sized onion (Chopped)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ tablespoon dry thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 habanero pepper (chopped)
- 25 meatballs
- Heat up oil, sauce onions and garlic till fragrant .
- Add the chopped pepper. Stir in the tomato paste, break up paste in oil, allow fry for about a minute while stirring constantly.
- Pour in 1 cup of water and stir. Allow to simmer a bit then pour in the frozen meatballs and the second cup of water.
- Cover pot and allow meatballs to warm through. Takes about 5 minutes. Remember to stir often to prevent burning.
- Turn off heat. Add the chopped parsley and cover pot. The residual heat will cook the parsley a bit.
- Serve warm with pasta or rice.