As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Homemade meatballs are so easy to make you won’t believe it. This recipe is made in just 3 easy peasy steps Mix, Mold, Bake and Enjoy that’s all. You could call it 4 steps if you intend to include the ‘Enjoy’ part. You can use any mince meat of choice like I used chicken in my in my spicy Teriyaki Chicken balls recipe and beef in my quickest yet delicious meatballs sauce recipe.
If you love turkey then you can ‘meatball’ it too ? Talk about a fifty-fifty mix of pork and beef like I did in my skillet coconut jollof rice and meatballs combo Hmmm yummy!!! Your options are endless.
These meatballs can be made ahead and kept frozen for later which is exactly what I did with my quickest yet delicious meatball sauce. Or you can use it up immediately. If you don’t keep them away they finish fast you see my little helper helping herself with one. This was about the third one ?
Meatballs need bread crumbs to help add some fluff and volume so I used my perfect homemade bread crumbs which is super easy to make. Since I started making my breadcrumbs at home I have never needed to buy from the store. I make the crumbs ahead and store in an air tight container on the shelf or in the freezer if I need to keep it for longer.
You will need an egg to bind all these together and some spices too. I like adding Worcester sauce to my mix which is Optional but I think it also helps with moistness. You tell me now isn’t this easy peasy? Mix, Mold, Bake and Enjoy ?
I suggest you use an ice cream scoop or a rounded Tablespoon to measure the mixture out before molding it. This makes everything even and tidy. If you don’t have an ice cream scoop or a measuring spoon you can just eyeball it and use your hands..
Enough of the long story let’s get started already. These Homemade meatballs are so versatile and finger licking good. Yum
If you do try this recipe or enjoyed the post kindly rate it and drop a comment below.. I enjoy reading from you. Thanks for visiting our kitchen today.
Homemade meatballs in 3 Easy steps
- 1 lb ground beef (approx 500g)
- 1/2 cup homemade bread crumbs
- 1/2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (Optional)
- 1 Sprig Fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl, mix all Ingredients with your hands until well combined.
- With an ice cream scoop or table spoon, scoop out ground beef mixture arrange each scoop on your work surface.
- When the ground beef mix is all measured out, take each one and roll in your hands to form a smooth ball. Than transfer to the parchment paper lined baking tray. Continue till you have molded all into smooth balls.
- Spray meatballs with cooking spray
- Put in the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 mins or until the insides are no longer pink and the outside has browned beautifully