This post may contain Affiliate links, please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Red Velvet Cookies are a spin from our good old chocolate chip cookies and Red Velvet Cake. It’s a chewy, soft and rich cookie you can not get tired of. It’s the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day and even as a Christmas cookie!
They are easy to make and oh so good. Well who doesn’t like a treat. My son couldn’t get enough of these. Right from when my daughter asked for a red Velvet Cake for her 7th birthday last November we have been ‘red velveting’ pretty much everything.
They couldn’t have enough of these red velvet cookies I had to relocate the cookies to save them from themselves. Then my son requested a red velvet cake with cream cheese glaze to take to school for their Christmas party.
That’s how good red velvet has been to us ?. You need to give this a try for yourself or your loved one. It’s worth’s it.
Aren’t they pretty? They are not just pretty but delicious too. You’ve got to try these red velvet cookies. They will give these awesome chocolate cookies a run for their money
How to make Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- You will need some melted butter, a large egg and an egg yolk. You also need some brown or white sugar, some Cocoa powder and some red food coloring.
- The extra egg yolk helps with the structure and texture.
- Refrigerating the dough also helps with structure so I highly recommend it.
- Melted butter helps with the chewy and dense structure if you don’t melt the butter. It tends to incorporate more air when you beat it the sugar which gives Cake-y cookie. Which is equally delicious but not what we are aiming for.
- Baking for about 15 minutes instead 18 mins will also help with a soft chewy cookie. In other words I tend to undertake them to get a softer chewy center. If you prefer a firmer cookie. Bake for up to 18 mins.
Other Cookie Recipes you will love to share!
- M & M Cookies ( adapt with red and white M & Ms )
- Pinwheel Cookies ( use red colored and plain colored dough to adapt for Valentine Cookies )
Pin! Pin! Pin!
Red Velvet chocolate chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter melted then allowed to get to room temperature
- 3/4 packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp red food color paste
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Mix flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk butter and Both brown and white sugar together ( make sure the butter has got to room temp to avoid scrambling the eggs.
- Add the vanilla flavor, vinegar, red food color, the egg and egg yolk, then whisk till well combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients till well combined ( do not over mix ).
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the white chocolate chips.
- Mold the dough into one ball and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Bring out refrigerated dough scoop by a heaping tablespoon full. Place 3 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with either parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Press down Cookie dough lightly, stick on more white chocolate chips on the top of the cookie.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Bring out from oven, stick in some more white chocolate chips while cookies are still hot.
- Allow cookies cool on cookie sheet for about 8 mins then transfer to the cooking rack and let it cool completely.