As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Want a fast and easy dinner in 15 minutes or less? This canned tuna pasta recipe will definitely fit the bill. Easy to make, very tasty and gets food on the table in no time. If you love sea food pasta, this is a recipe to try. Agreed it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of shrimps, scallops or clams but i assure you that you would love this easy pasta recipe. Let me show you exactly how I make mine in easy to follow steps with pictures included.
Tuna Pasta Recipe
This is very similar to my sardine pasta recipe. Both are delicious and perfect for meal time. This is one of my favorite mid week dinner recipes because I literally pick ingredients out of my pantry and get cooking.
Canned sardines and tuna both in oil and water are some of my pantry staples. Canned foods are great to have in stock especially for emergencies. This list of pantry stock up is a good one to check out.
Ingredients needed to make this easy pasta recipe.
- Pasta of choice (I used fettuccini, but you can use any pasta of your choice)
- Cooking oil
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Canned Tuna in oil
How to make Tuna Pasta with Step by Step photos.
This is an overview of the recipe. Full printable recipe and instructions can be found at the bottom of this page. While you are here, you might like to check out my easy guide on how to cook the perfect pasta This blog post wouldn’t cover how to cook pasta in details but you can find all the details of cooking pasta to perfection there.
Pic 1-3; Make the pasta according to pasta box instructions. Be sure to check out my post on how to cook the perfect pasta for guidance too.
Pic 4-6; while water is boiling in preparation for pasta, begin the sauce by sautéing garlic and onions.
Pic 7-9; Add bell peppers and canned Tuna and pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
Pic 10-12; Add drained pasta to tuna sauce, mix in till well combined.
Make ahead and how to store.
Canned Tuna Pasta can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I have never frozen this recipe since I usually don’t have any left overs. But the deft
Quick recipe Notes and Tips
- Whatever you choose to put in your Tuna pasta is totally up to you in terms of spice blend or extra veggies. The basics is the presence of tuna and pasta in this recipe.
- The type of pasta used is also a matter of preference if you are aiming to make tuna spaghetti, then spaghetti should be your choice of pasta.
- As soon as you put the water on the stove to boil, work fast and start with the tuna sauce so it’s ready to be mixed when the pasta is drained and ready.
- The type of canned tuna to use is up to you but I prefer to use canned tuna in oil for this recipe because it has more flavor ( the oil kinda seals flavor unlike the tuna packed in water).
Canned Tuna Recipe Variations
There are various ways to enjoy this easy pasta recipe. You can make a creamy canned tuna pasta by adding some heavy cream or milk and cream cheese while making it like I did with my creamy spaghetti recipe.
You can also decide to make it Jollof style aka tomato tuna pasta. The Jollof style canned tuna requires cooking the pasta with tuna and tomato sauce. So so good. You can easily make tomato tuna pasta by using my Tuna Sauce recipe as a base.
Other Easy canned tuna recipes to try.
15 minute canned Tuna Pasta Recipe.
- 16 oz fettuccine pasta
- 3 cans Tuna in oil
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon more to taste
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium small green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium sized onion chopped.
- 2-3 Tbsp cooking oil (olive oil, canola oil or vegetable oil works)
- 1/2 Tbsp pepper flakes adjust upwards or downwards to your taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice optional
- Bring water to boil and cook pasta according to packet instructions and Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, sauté garlic and onions, add chopped bell peppers, bouillon and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Add the canned tuna and pepper flakes.
- Let simmer on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the drained pasta into the tuna sauce, mix to combine.
- Serve warm.