This Tuna Stew just as the name implies, is super quick and easy to come together. Who doesn't love a fast meal fix in these busy times. It's so crazy that 24 hrs is not enough to do any thing these days.The good news is....., this recipe is definitely getting into your belly in no time. ?
Because I am not a fan of seafood, I pick my fish wisely. This tuna and sardines are a quick and easy way to get fish in my cooking with less of the fishy business. Want to know more about why I am not a fish fan? Feel free to read all about it. This stew reminds me of my secondary school home economics final exams. I made a sauce/stew similar to this. But my exam Stew was made with canned sardines which I Served with rice and plantains and it was Yum!!! The two recipes are basically the same but the tuna fish recipe we are making today works better with yams because of the texture of tuna fish. If the fact that I am not a fan of fish didn't stop me from enjoying this stew with my white gold ( the yam o), then everyone would love this Tuna Stew. There isn't really much to say about this tuna stew besides its delicious flavor profile so lets get started.
If you try out this recipe and find that you enjoyed it please tell me all about it in the comment section. I am always delighted to hear from you. Remember to Share with friends and family they would be happy you did. Hold on, You can't leave without a little gift from me so Kindly head over here and Get your free eCookbook then come hang with us on our Facebook group where we discuss everything food ?
PS: Want some more? Stay up to date with My Diaspora Kitchen on Facebook|Instagram| Pinterest | Twitter| bloglovin
| OR Get weekly recipes sent to your inbox for FREE
Quick and Easy Tuna Stew
- 10 oz (2 cans ) Tuna fish
- 6 oz(170g ) Tomato paste ( loosen paste with about ¼ cup of water)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 habanero pepper
- ½ large green bell pepper (optional)
- ½ cup cooking oil
- ½ tablespoon crushed garlic
- salt / bouillon powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- Heat up oil in a saucepan, add chopped onions and crushed garlic and saute till fragrant
- Pour in the loosened tomato paste, add the salt/bouillon powder and other spices. Stir in and allow to cook.
- Cook on medium heat till most of the water evaporates. This step helps to eliminate the sour taste of the tomatoes.
- Add the chopped habenero pepper and stir.
- Lower heat then spoon in the Tuna fish Add about ½ cup of water to loosen up the stew again.
- Allow to simmer for about 2 minutes, Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Allow to cook for another 2 minutes to blend in all the flavors. Then add the green bell pepper and turn off heat. The bell pepper will get cooked in the residual heat.
- Serve with boiled or fried yams.
I tried it. It was too dope abeg!!??
Hi is tuna seasoned just like chicken b4 cooking? Mi never cooked fish b4
This recipe calls for canned Tuna which are just like canned Sardines. If you would want to cook Fresh Tuna. You can season it just like you would season chicken or any meat of your choice. Hope that helps ?