Banana nut bread is my idea of a nice breakfast or snack. With a warm cuppa cocoa, coffee or milk, You will definitely get hooked. Banana breads are one of the easiest and quickest quick breads to make. I love banana bread but I am a sucker for banana nut breads. Especially those that are richly endowed with a mix of nuts on top YUM ?
What's you idea of a perfect breakfast? Mine is a delightfully yum bowl of hot oatmeal topped with fruits but this banana nut bread comes very close. You can have this banana nut bread anytime of the day and not get tired if you love bananas and you love nuts then this recipe is definitely calling your name.
Just slather the bread with some butter or peanut butter and o my... you are headed straight to dreamland... tell me about it ?You can decide to make this banana nut bread with the same recipe as my banana bread all you need to do is add some nuts to the batter and top it off with some more nuts. Because I love sharing variations to a recipe whenever I can I decided to use a slightly different recipe today which is more moist and stays soft even when it's straight out of the refrigerator. The secret ingredient in this recipe is oil.
Now to the nuts I find that I prefer to toast the nuts a bit before topping the banana nut bread batter with the nuts. My personal preference. You can skip the toasting process if you want but believe me it makes a nutty difference when you pre toast the nuts. I love to use a combination of almonds and walnuts but I guess you can use any combination of nuts you love like pecans and walnuts.
Today is definitely the perfect day to share this banana nut bread recipe because it is Mr K's favorite way to eat banana bread and today is his birthday. Happy birthday again my love and may God bless you with a long, healthy and happy life. ❤
Now are you ready to make some banana nut bread?? Let's go get those over ripe bananas...
PS: Did you make this recipe? Tell me all about it in the comment section below. Did you take a picture of your own banana nut bread made with this recipe? That's awesome you can upload your picture on Instagram and tag @mydiasporakitchen I'd love to see your creations.
Easy Banana Nut Bread
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅛ cup slivered almonds
- ⅛ cup walnuts cut in bits
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Prepare the nuts:
- Preheat oven to 300ºF
- Line a small baking sheet parchment paper
- Spread nuts on lined baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 7 mins.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Making the batter:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare 9 by 5 loaf pan by lining with parchment paper and spraying with non stick spray
- Transfer mashed bananas into a bowl
- Then add all the wet ingredients ( the oil, beaten eggs, vanilla extract) and mix in with a fork.
- Add in the dry ingredients ( brown sugar, flour, 2 tablespoon is toasted nuts and baking soda ) Mix throughly
- Transfer batter into prepared pan then spread the remainder of the nuts on top of the batter evenly. Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 55 mins or until a cake tester comes out clean.