As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Cinnamon and Brown sugar is perfect flavorful twist to your traditional oatmeal porridge. Want to add a twist to the perfect breakfast then this is the recipe you need.
I have always loved oatmeal in all forms. I bet you can see from the variations of oatmeal porridge and the use of oats as fufu on mydiasporakitchenblog. But wait till you try this cinnamon and brown sugar variation then you will get my point.
Cinnamon and brown sugar have been a perfect combo I believe since the word go I don’t know but I think. It has to be true with the magic this combo does with these gooey yummy cinnamon rolls are you kidding me this cinnamon and brown sugar oatmeal is on the same level of decadent and gooey deliciousness.
How to make Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Oatmeal Porridge
You can use water or milk as you base orca mix of both. If you want a creamier more decadent breakfast use only. But if your waistline is important to you ? use just or mix of both.
Addition of cinnamon and brown sugar makes the difference in this recipe. You guessed right. That’s the major difference from my perfect breakfast porridge.
This cinnamon and brown sugar oatmeal can be topped with any fruit you like. Bananas are ah-Mazing with this. Nuts also add a wow factor.
If you are an avid fan of oatmeal like I am then this post is not for you because I know you like this recipe already even before trying. This post is for YOU… the one who thinks oatmeal is boring.. I implore you to give this Cinnamon and Brown sugar oatmeal porridge a try. You will love it.
And if you don’t love it, I totally give up ?.. NO I won’t give up yet till you try my decadent chocolate oatmeal. A chocolate lovers dream ?
Other Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Recipes to try.
- Cinnamon roll cookies
- Cinnamon- Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies
Hope you enjoy this yummy breakfast porridge. If you do drop me a comment. I would love to hear from you.
Cinnamon-Brown sugar Oatmeal Porridge
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats if gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats
- 3 1/2 cups milk you can substitute with 2 cups of milk and 1 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Toppings: Fruits nuts etc.
- Pour milk or mix of water and milk into sauce pan, add brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour Oats into the milk mixture turn on heat.
- Cook oats till Cooked. Remember to stir often to prevent burning. Takes about 6 mins to be fully cooked
- Serve with more milk, a sprinkle of Briwn sugar, cinnamon and toppings of choice.
- Use gluten free oats if you are gluten free
- You can substitute milk with plant based milk if you are dairy free.
- You can substitute some of the milk in the recipe with water.