I won't deny my love for McDonald's breakfast sandwich popularly called McGriddle. They have it in two flavor options I think the Bacon-egg & Cheese option and the Sausage, Egg & Cheese option.
This breakfast sandwich is definitely to die for oh my gosh.. The very first time I had it I was totally ???? that was almost ten years ago and i can't say I am tired of it naa I am not. These days when I make mine I make the low carb/ keto version I will be sharing that recipe over at Low Carb Health Club.
Bacon-Egg and Cheese McGriddle made at home easy peasy
What is McGriddle?
It's an easy breakfast sandwich sold in the popular fast food chain McDonald's. It is made by sandwiching omelette, cheese and bacon or sausage between two syrup infused pancakes... Did I hear you say YUM ?
How to make Bacon-Egg & Cheese McGriddle.
Prepare bacon and set aside
Prepare pancakes and set aside
Fry eggs to make the omelette
Assemble bacon egg and cheese sandwich
What kind of cheese to use for your McGriddle?
The American Cheese
For this recipe I used my trusty pancake recipe. Feel free to use any pancake mix of your choice. But I would recommend Aunt Jemima Pancake mix or Krusteaz Pancake mix. You can make the pancake in a pan like we do traditionally but for this recipe I used our trusty little pancake maker. The original McGriddles have the perfect round shape which I achieved using the pancake maker an alternative would be using a silicon ring like these to fry the pancakes.
You can use bacon crumbles like I did with my bacon pancake recipe. But I decided to make the bacon from scratch for this bacon-egg and cheese McGriddle recipe because the original McGriddle from McD's has 2 full slices of bacon not the crumbles. After all this is s copy cat recipe ? One reason why I like this homemade McGriddle is the fact that I can control how crisp the bacon is. I like my bacon between crisp and soft.
I also use the pancake maker to make my omelette. That way the sizes are even and the omelette fits right into the pancakes.
The original McGriddle pancakes are somewhat infused with pancake syrup. To achieve that, I put a little of the pancake barter in the Pancake maker, then I squeeze some drops of syrup in two or three spots, then I pour the rest of the pancake barter over it and close the Pancake Maker to allow the pancake cook.
Alternatively you can just pour the syrup over the breakfast sandwich. And enjoy
If you enjoyed this post, please SHARE!
Bacon-Egg & Cheese McGriddle Copy cat Recipe.
- One batch of my pancake recipe
- Or any pancake mix of choice.
For my homemade pancake recipe
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs (divided, 1 egg for the pancake 3 eggs for the omelette )
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 slices of bacon
- Mix homemade pancake ingredients ( Kindly refer to my pancake recipe, find link in post) If using pancake mix, mix pancake according to the pancake mix instructions.
- Pour ¼ cup of barter into a heated and greased Pancake maker
- Pour some pancake syrup in some spots then cover pancake maker to allow pancakes cook through.
- Cut the bacon strips into for sections vertically
- Fry on medium low heat till crisp
- set aside
- Make omelette in pancake maker just like you did with the pancakes. set aside for assembly
- Place the pancake
- Next then omelette
- Then the cheese
- Next the cooked bacon
- Finally cover with the second pancake
- Pop into the microwave for 20 to 30 secs to melt the cheese
- Enjoy with some more syrup.