Gingerbread Oatmeal is sure a comforting way to start your day on a cold winter morning. The blend of molasses and spices in this porridge will delight your taste buds and comfort your winter blues.
Table of Contents
Gingerbread Oatmeal Porridge
I guess you may be wondering why gingerbread? Isn't Christmas over? I know Gingerbread is synonymous with the Christmas season but who says you can't have it any other time. Besides that, I love oatmeal and ok I still have some homemade gingerbread spice blend so why not
You need just a handful of ingredients to turn your perfect breakfast porridge to a porridge bursting with gingerbread flavors or should I say spices ?. These ingredients are
How to make Gingerbread Oatmeal Porridge.
Oatmeal is one of the easiest breakfast recipes you can make. It’s literally dump and cook.
Add all the ingredients to a saucepan except the oats.
Stir to combine, then add the oats cook till fully cooked
Serve and enjoy
What to serve with Gingerbread Oatmeal Porridge?
There are lots of possibilities. I usually top mine with these
- Chocolate chips
Love Oatmeal? Here are other oatmeal recipes to try.
Enjoyed this recipe? Share with your family and friends using the share buttons on the page. Tag @mydiasporakitchen on Instagram when you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog. I always love to see your amazing replications.
Click here to pin Gingerbread Oatmeal porridge for later
Gingerbread Oatmeal porridge
- 2 cups Traditional oats
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- 1 ½ teaspoon gingerbread spice mix
- Put milk and water in a saucepan, add the brown sugar, molasses, salt and gingerbread spice mix. Stir to combine. ( the molasses won't combine easily yet because the liquid is cold)
- Add the oats into the mixture and begin to cook.
- Cook on medium low heat till oats are done.
- Serve with more milk
- You can use any plant based milk to make this vegan and dairy free
- Serve with your favorite toppings - fruits, nuts, chocolate chips etc
- You can make this without molasses if you prefer.