These heart shaped donuts or doughnuts are the perfect treat for loved ones all year round especially on Valentine's Day. These heart donuts are specially filled with strawberry jam and are so soft and delicious. They are a delight either taken at room temp or warmed up in the microwave. Learn how to make these easy jam filled doughnuts with step by step photos to guide you and ensure you get it right at first try.
Heart Shaped Jam filled Donuts.
What makes these jam doughnuts different? These are heart shaped jam filled doughnuts yes and yes I heart jam donuts.
Well Valentine's Day is around the corner and this is a lovely/ loving twist to the standard jam doughnuts to share with loved ones.
You could share these donuts with be your spouse during breakfast or as a packed lunch. You could share these with your kids and have fun with shapes while making them.
You could share these with other family members and friends or even share in school for your child's Valentine's Day class party.
How to make heart shaped donuts with a perfect jam filling.
Making heart shaped jam filled doughnuts is easier than you think. Follow the guide below and you are good to go.
- Mix the ingredients to form a dough. Cover with cling film and kitchen towel and place in a warm place like your oven. ( do not heat up oven ) to rise.
- Punch down risen dough, knead a little bit [ See Pic 1 in collage below ]
- roll out dough with rolling pin to about 1 inch thickness [ See Pic 2 ]
- After rolling out use a heart shaped cutter to cut out heart shapes [ See Pic 3 ]
- Transfer cut out shapes to a lined baking sheet and let rest for about 20 mins for the second rise. [ sorry looks like I forget to take a pic of this step... ]
- Heat up oil for deep frying. Fry heart shaped doughnuts till golden brown. [ See Pic 4 ]
- Transfer to a paper towel lined tray to absorb the excess oil [ See Pic 5 ]
Filling the hearts with Jam
- Let the dough hearts cool
- Fit your piping back with a Wilton no 12 round tip then Fill your piping bag with jam ( I used strawberry jam )
- With a chop stick or kebab stick bore a hole at the in the middle of the heart between the curved at the top or anywhere else you prefer. [ see Pic 6 & 7 ]
- Using the jam filled piping bag, fill the hearts with some jam. [ See Pic 8 & 9 ]
Do you heart these jam donuts too? Here are other amazing recipes to try.
Where these jam filled hearts will shine.
There are many places and many reasons to share these heart Jam filled doughnuts. Here are a few. Your options are endless.
- On the family breakfast table.
- In your child's or spouse's lunch box
- In your child's school party.
- Bring it along to a church get together.
- Share it on your child's play date.
- As a surprise to a loved one.
Tools you might to make your heart shaped jam filled donuts a breeze.
- Kebab stick or any pointy tool
Soooo.... Would you be making these? Hope you do. And don't forget to send me some. While you are at it, share this blog post with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group.
Heart jam filled doughnuts
Jam doughnuts are jam filled delicious doughnuts. These jam filled hearts are a delight either taken at room temp or warmed up in the microwave.
1 Tbsp instant yeast
6 Tbsp butter (melted)
½ cup warm milk
½ cup sugar
1 egg beaten
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg ( optional)
Oil for deep frying
- Add flour, instant yeast and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook.
- Make a well in the center, Add the warm milk, melted but cooled butter and beaten egg to the well.
- Turn on mixer and mix till it comes together in a ball. (If dough is still sticky add a little flour and mix in)
- After the dough comes together, continue mixing for another 5 mins. You will notice the mixer begin to slap the dough on the walls of the bowl, this is the kneading stage.
- After 5 mins of kneading, transfer dough ball to a greased bowl, cover with cling film and kitchen towel. Put in a warm place to rise and double in size takes about 45 minutes.
- After 45 mins and dough has doubled in size, Punch down risen dough, knead a little bit on lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough with rolling pin to about 1 inch thickness, then use a heart shaped cutter to cut out heart shaped dough.
- Transfer cut out shapes to a lined baking sheet and let rest for about 20 mins for the second rise.
- Heat up oil for deep frying. Fry heart shaped doughnuts till golden brown.
- Scoop out with slotted spoon onto paper towel lined tray to absorb the excess oil.
Filling the hearts
- Let the dough hearts cool
- Fit your piping back with a Wilton no 12 round tip then Fill your piping bag with jam ( I used strawberry jam ) and set aside.
- With a chop stick or kebab stick bore a hole at the in the middle of the heart between the curved at the top or anywhere else you prefer.
- Using the jam filled piping bag, fill the hearts with some jam.
<a href="https://www.verywellfit.com/recipe-nutrition-analyzer-4157076" target="_blank"><img width="320" height="627.1875" src="https://www.verywellfit.com/thmb/k2HK9uwQhE3c4b4JfZHExD5yjSM=/1000x0/Nutrition-Label-Embed-1819307577-49d6399ee5254058a0435bbbcbe76d03.png" /></a>