Instant pot boiled eggs that are easy peel and so so good. Did you know you could make perfect hard boiled eggs in the instant Pot? Read along and learn how to use your instant Pot to make hard boiled eggs with fluffy yellow yolks or soft boiled eggs with gooey yolks!
Enjoy it with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, use it in your Cobb salad and egg salad, make delicious deviled eggs with it. Your options are endless. Whether you are making hard or soft boiled eggs in the instant pot, or you are looking for how to make hard boiled eggs for Easter, this post has you covered.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is an instant Pot?
- 2 Instant Pot Boiled Eggs.
- 3 How To make hard boiled eggs in instant pot.
- 4 What does instant pot hard boiled eggs 5 5 5 mean?
- 5 Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs
- 6 Calories in hard boiled eggs
- 7 How to store hard boiled eggs
- 8 How to store peeled eggs
- 9 Recipes with hard boiled eggs
- 10 Instant Pot Boiled eggs hard and soft
What is an instant Pot?
An instant pot is an electronic multi-cooker. As a multi cooker, it serves varied purposes. It is a rice cooker, pressure cooker, slow cooker, yoghurt maker, steamer etc. the pressure cooking function is my favorite function to use.
Instant Pot Boiled Eggs.
This Instant pot hard boiled egg recipe can’t get any easier. If you’ve been struggling with making the perfect hard boiled eggs that peel easily, make sure to try this instant pot eggs and leave me a comment on how easy you found the recipe to be and how easily the eggs peeled. The secret weapon is the steaming method of cooking eggs. Don't have an instant pot yet, Check how to make easy peel Perfect hard boiled eggs on your stove top.
How To make hard boiled eggs in instant pot.
This is just an overview with step by step photos, full ingredients list and Instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
When making the instant pot hard boiled eggs, I follow the 5 5 5 method. (more on that below) for soft boiled I do 3 minutes and a quick release.
Arrange the eggs on the rack, add some water. Cover instant Pot and turn valve to the seal position. Pressure cook for 5 mins then do a natural release for 5 mins then do a quick release. (Pic 1-3)
After doing the quick release make sure the float valve has gone down before opening your instant pot. When the float valve is in the down position, it indicates that the IP is fully depressurized and safe to open.
Next step is to shock the eggs in very cold water to stop the cooking process. leave the eggs in the water for 5 mins. It’s ready. Peel and use according to your recipe. Instant pot boiled eggs peel like a dream. No hassle.
What does instant pot hard boiled eggs 5 5 5 mean?
When making hard boiled eggs in an instant pot, the numbers 5 5 5 simply refer to the time, release method and shocking time.
Pressure Cook for 5 mins, Do a natural release for 5 mins before a quick release then shock in ice bath for 5 mins.
Instant Pot Natural release (NP)
What does instant pot natural release mean? This means when you let your instant pot release the build up pressure naturally. Note that the instant pot is fully depressurized only when the float valve is down. Never open your instant pot when the float valve is still up.
You can do a natural release till the pressure cooker is fully depressurized or you can do a quick release or a combination of both. The release method will depend on the recipe.
Instant Pot Quick release. (QR)
Instant pot quick release simply means depressurizing the instant pot quickly. It is achieved by turning the steam release handle from the sealing position to the venting position as soon as the cooking cycle is complete.
The Quick release method is required in recipes where you need to stop the cooking process ASAP like instant pot pasta to prevent the pressure in the instant pot for cooking it further and making it mushy.
Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs
Just as you can make hard boiled eggs in your instant pot, you can also make instant pot soft boiled eggs. The only difference is the time and method of steam release and you will have your perfect soft boiled eggs ready to enjoy.
How to make soft boiled eggs in instant pot.
For soft boiled eggs, do the following
- Add water to your instant pot
- Arrange eggs in the rack
- Cook on manual pressure for 3 mins
- Do a quick release, remove from instant pot and shock in cold water.
- Peel and serve.
Calories in hard boiled eggs
In our world today where everyone is getting health conscious and seeking a healthy lifestyle, you might be wondering how many calories in a hard boiled egg.
One whole hard boiled egg has 72 calories. 4.8g of Fat, 0.4g Total carbs, 0g Fiber, 6.3g Protein
Hard boiled egg (white only) has 17 calories
How to store hard boiled eggs
I usually have hard boiled eggs as a snack so I like it ready when I need it. I make a large batch and store in the refrigerator. The best way to store hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator is in it’s shell.
This way it lasts longer and the chances of going bad is greatly reduced. Also it won’t absorb odors from the refrigerator. Do not store your hard boiled eggs are room temperature. Unpeeled Hard boiled eggs in the fridge should be consumed within a week.
How to store peeled eggs
It’s best to store your boiled eggs unpeeled in the refrigerator, but yuu can also store peeled eggs in the refrigerator for a shorter period of time (up to three days)
Store peeled eggs in a bowl of water with the eggs completely submerged in the water. Make sure to change the water daily.
Alternatively store in an airtight container without water but make sure to cover the eggs with a damp paper towel.
Frequently asked questions on Instant Pot boiled egg recipe
1. How many eggs can I boil? I have a 6 Qt instant Pot and I can boil up to 18 eggs at a go using this egg steaming rack.
2. How long will I boil a large quantity of eggs? Whether you are cooking 5 eggs or 10 eggs, it will take the same time to cook. No need to increase the time for a larger quantity.
3. Do I need to add salt or baking soda to the water so the eggs can peel easily? No. Instant pot boiled eggs peel like a dream. Make sure to shock it in cold water after cooking.
Recipes with hard boiled eggs
- Classic Cobb Salad
- Deviled Eggs
- Egg Sandwich
- Egg Salad
- Chef Salad
New to the world of instant pot cooking, I have found this video course helpful for beginners and intermediate instant pot users alike. Grab the course here and use the code CUGURU5 to get $5 off your purchase.
Don’t have an instant Pot yet? Don’t have an instant yet? * Buy any instant pot of your choice here. Don't forget to use CUGURU10 at checkout to get 10% off your entire purchase.
If you found this post helpful, share the link to this post with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group. Thank you for your support.
Did you find the post helpful, leave me a comment and share the link to this post with your family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group.
this so others too you
Click here to pin this recipe for later
Instant Pot Boiled eggs hard and soft
- Instant Pot Pressure cooker
- Egg Rack
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup water
For Instant Hard boiled eggs
- Arrange eggs in the instant pot steaming rack. Add 1 cup of water, cover instant pot and set valve to sealing position.
- Set instant pot to manual pressure cook and high pressure, then set timer to 5 mins.
- When cooking cycle is complete, allow natural release for 5 mins then transfer to an ice bath or run under cold water for 4-5 mins.
- Peel and enjoy.
For instant pot soft boiled eggs
- Repeat same steps above, except that you pressure cook on high pressure for only 3 minutes and do a quick release.
- Store hard boiled eggs unpeeled in the fridge for up to a week.
- You can make hard boiled eggs in any size of instant pot. You may not be able to make more than 6 in a 3 Qt