As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
These lemon sugar cookies are to die for… seriously. It’s got the tang, the zest and the sweetness in just about the right proportion… Any lemon lovers dream.
They are so easy to make and ready in 30 mins as in the whole process from start to finish. So in 30 mins you will be munching on these zesty crunchy crunchy lemony cookies. Lemons are everywhere now so this lemon sugar cookies should definitely be a must make if you love lemony deserts or lemony anything.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links!
I decided to imprint these cookies with the names of my kiddos and believe me that was a baaadddd idea ?. As soon as the cookies were ready each one called dibs (claimed rights to) on the cookie with his or her name printed on it and before I could bart an eyelid they had gobbled every thing up and coming for the ‘unlabeled’ cookies ?.
In other words those labeled lemon sugar cookies didn’t make it to the picture stage and that totally means that these lemon sugar cookies are the bomb because I literally had to hold them off the rest so that I could at least show you guys how these look ?
Love lemon treats? You will love these!
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
This Recipe Makes about 4 doz cookies but of course it depends on the size of your cookie cutter.. it could be more or less.
Making Cookies is a fun project to embark on with the kiddos. Oh don’t they just love cookie cutters and messing with the cookie dough. My gosh ?
Ingredient list for these Easy lemon cookies.
Tools you need to make these Easy lemon cookies.
Hope you enjoyed Recipe no 3 of our Learn, Make & Share Series for the Yuletide season. Now who says you can’t have lemon treats for Christmas. I am sure some of your family and friends would totally ditch the amazing cinnamon roll cookies for these. They truly taste divine. Curious to know what tomorrow’s cookie recipe is ? Sign up here you get the recipe straight into your mailbox as soon as it posts.
If you do try this recipe. I would love to hear all about it. Drop me a note in the comment section. Remember to SHARE this cookie post with family and friends. You never know who has been searching for the perfect lemon cookies ?. Thanks for supporting mydiasporakitchen.com by sharing our recipes.
PIN! PIN! PIN!
Easy Lemon Cookies
- 1 Cup 2 sticks salted butter
- 3/4 - 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest from one large lemon or two small ones
- a drop or two of yellow food coloring optional
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat Butter and sugar till well incorporated
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, lemon extract, food coloring and lemon zest. Mix to combine.
- Then add the baking powder and flour to the wet ingredients. Mix till the dough comes together in a ball.
- Divided dough into two wrap one part cling wrap to prevent drying out.
- Roll out the second part to about 1/4 of an inch thickness. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters of choice.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 15-18 mins