This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidaysWithHatfield #simplyHatfield #CollectiveBias
Deep dish pizza is my favorite kind of pizza. It's also called a pan/ skillet pizza or the Chicago style Pizza. This Hatfield®️ Ham pizza has a rich fluffy crust that is so soft that you won't believe it's this easy to make and with your everyday pantry ingredients.
Now, we don't just want a deep dish pizza we want a rich, meaty tasty deep dish pizza. The richer the better, if you ask me! When we used to order pizza online, you have an option to pick the 'meat' only, veggies only or a mix. In my house, we always choose the meat option ? but today I will be adding veggies to this Hatfield Ham pizza. Nothing fancy just some onion slices, and red and green bell pepper cubes. Skip the veggies for a complete “all meats” pizza topping if that's your preference. Remember to also add some Hatfield bacon to the mix.
For this mix of meat and veggies, Hatfield®️ Ham happens to be my top choice for meats. I use Hatfield Ham quite often in my recipes because it's tasty and fresh and the company has a promise kind of like a code of ethic. 'Pork with a Pledge'
Table of Contents
- 1 What you need to make this Hatfield Ham Deep dish Pizza
- 2 Why I Chose Hatfield®️ Ham for this deep dish Pizza
- 3 How to make a deep dish pizza
- 4 How To Make this Hatfield Ham deep dish pizza low carb/ keto friendly.
- 5 A few other ideas for your Hatfield Ham
- 6 Recommended tools to ace this Hatfield Ham deep dish pizza
- 7 Hatfield Ham Deep Dish
What you need to make this Hatfield Ham Deep dish Pizza
- Any of the Hatfield Ham variety like the Uncured Ham and Classic Ham. If you prefer the pre-sliced Ham varieties then go for the ½ pre-sliced pit ham, ¼ pre-sliced. Any one you choose will give that quality taste Hatfield Ham is known for.
- Greek yoghurt; Store- bought or homemade
- Self rising flour
Why I Chose Hatfield®️ Ham for this deep dish Pizza
Hatfield has a wide range of quality pork products to choose from whether you are new to cooking, or a professional cook, there’s a Hatfield product for you!
Their pork products are bursting with flavor and ethically raised. (Can’t beat that!)
It's readily available and convenient for a quick meal or snack.
I love that I can trust them because of their Pork with a Pledge promise.
Because ham is usually at the heart of most holiday celebrations I wanted to share something I love with you so you can share with your loved ones this season.
Now if you decide you don't want to make this deep dish pizza, I highly recommend you also check out this Hatfield Ham fried rice recipe I made. It's easy to make and gets ready in about 30 mins. That's the great thing about Hatfield Ham. They help cut down on cook time so that you have more time to spend with family during the holidays or any celebration. Besides, a holiday celebration isn't complete without the perfect Ham. Thanksgiving is fast approaching and so is Hanukkah and Christmas. Ham is definitely one of the stars in my house and many houses this season.
You need to try out the new Hatfield pre-sliced ham variety. I love them because they are already pre-sliced and saves me more time. It's simply delicious with ethically raised pork products that are also thankfully hormone free.
Have you heard of Ibotta. If you haven't, it's an app that saves you money while you shop for groceries. Conveniently, there is an offer going on right now for a limited time ONLY You will receive a $2 rebate when you buy any Hatfield®️ Uncured Ham. Hurry along so you don't miss on this opportunity. If you are new to Ibotta, you can register here and save on Hatfield®️ Uncured Ham.
How to make a deep dish pizza
- Your favorite pizza dough.
- Either a skillet or a cake pan. ( The point is to use a container that will make the pizza compact and rise upwards without a chance to spread.)
- Once you have a skillet, a pie dish or cake pan, you can finish up the pizza with your favorite toppings. Tomato Sauce, Cheese, Ham, bacon, onions, etc
I would be using my trusty 2 ingredients pizza dough with quantity modification for this Hatfield Ham deep dish pizza. That way I can get pizza 'delivered' to the dinner on time ? We like our deep dish pizza on the thick side so if you prefer a less thick version don't adjust the original pizza dough recipe. Just put the same quantity in a 10 in skillet or cake pan.
How To Make this Hatfield Ham deep dish pizza low carb/ keto friendly.
To help your family and friends stay true to their diet during the holiday season, you can make this recipe keto/ low carb friendly. I will be posting a recipe for a low carb /keto version of this ham deep dish pizza soon but before i do that here are a few tips on how to make this amazing deep dish pizza keto/ low carb.
- Swap the dough in this recipe with a low carb dough like this dough used here.
- Use a low carb tomato base
- Hatfield Ham is perfect for any low carb meal because it's low carb and gluten free too.
- Use an 8 or 10 in skillet/cake pan depending on how thick you want your crust.
- The low carb/keto dough is always pre- baked before toppings are added and baked some more.
A few other ideas for your Hatfield Ham
- Spicy Hatfield Ham on cocktail sticks
- Hatfield Ham calzones
- Breakfast omelette
- Egg muffins
I would love if you use #simplyHatfield Ham products this Holiday season. Let's make it a #HolidaysWithHatfield. Would love to see what you make with Hatfield Ham so kindly tag @mydiasporakitchen on Instagram so I can see your yummy creations.
Recommended tools to ace this Hatfield Ham deep dish pizza
3. Pizza wheel
4. Kitten mitt
5. Kitchen Timer
6. Parchment Paper
Hatfield Ham Deep Dish
- 21/2 cup self rising flour
- 1-½ Greek yoghurt (preferably full fat)
- 1 cup tomato ketchup or pizza sauce
- 1-½ cup Hatfield Ham™️ cut up
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ green bell pepper chopped optional
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- 3-4 rings of onions
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Line a 10 in skillet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix the flour and Greek yoghurt until it forms a dough.
- Transfer dough to the lined skillet and press down evenly till it's well spread in the skillet.
- Poke the dough with a fork in many places ( this helps air escape as the dough bakes and rises)
- Spread the tomato ketchup or pizza sauce evenly on the dough
- Spread the shredded Mozzarella cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Spread the chopped Hatfield™️ ham over the shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Spread the chopped peppers around the top of the pizza
- Finally top it off with the rings of onions
Its time to bake!
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins or until the edges begin to brown
- Set on the counter and allow to cool a bit
- Slice and serve