Now what makes the perfect Breakfast porridge? You can never go wrong with an oatmeal breakfast. Oatmeal? Yeah Why not. It's healthy, hearty, rich, flavorful, yummy, gooey, creamy fiber rich and most importantly filling.
Growing up I wasn't much of a fan. For some reason you may need some kind of acquired taste to like oatmeal. Just like avacadoes if you know what I mean. But somewhere along the line as I grew older I got hooked.
This post will act as a guide to achieving the perfect breakfast porridge for your enjoyment. If you are not a fan just give this a try and I know you will get hooked too. My son and hubby who are picky eaters absolutely love oatmeal made this way.
I think it it has something to do with the addition of salt. It's a simple recipe which is totally worth trying. YUM.
How do you make your oats porridge? Would love to know.
The prefect breakfast porridge
- 1 cup Traditional Oats (I like to mix coarsely blended and "unblended")
- 21/2 cups milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 Tbsp stevia or sugar* (optional)
- Pour milk into a clean saucepan
- Add salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract
- Pour in the oats ( a mix of the two textures)
- Mix in then put on the stove top and start cooking (It takes about 6 minutes to be fully cooked.)
- Stir continuously to prevent burning.
- Serve warm with more milk and fruit toppings
Serving suggestions with toppings
- Fruit toppings- any combination of bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries will do