Christmas is the season for lots of baking. Gingerbread cookies are definitely one of the classic Christmas cookies. Ginger bread cookies won't be complete with gingerbread spice mix would it?
Ginger bread spice mix makes it easier for you to get your ginger bread anything recipe going. Of course you can always use the spices individually but I find it easier to just have the gingerbread spice mix on hand.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS!
Just like Cinnamon sugar and Pumpkin spice mix, you don't need to spend extra money buying these pantry staples in store. Homemade gingerbread spice is easy to make and requires just 5 spices. That's it! FIVE spices and you can go ahead and make any gingerbread recipe you want to make.
Table of Contents
Spices needed to make Gingerbread Spice Mix.
* Some recipes call for cardamom but I have never use that in my spice blend.
How to make homemade gingerbread spice.
- Measure out your five spices and mix together. That's it, your gingerbread spice mix is ready.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
- It should last for as long as the individual spices are good for. So make sure you use spices that have a far away expiry date.
Recipes that need gingerbread spice mix.
- Gingerbread men
- Gingerbread loaf cake
- Gingerbread Pancakes
- Gingerbread cup cakes
- Gingerbread spice Oatmeal
- Gingerbread Anything ?
Get more Homemade Pantry Staples!
So what recipe will you be making next with this easy homemade gingerbread spice mix. Tell me all about it.
Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix
- ¼ cup Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Ground Ginger
- 2 tablespoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon Ground Cloves
- 2 tablespoon Ground Allspice
- Measure out ingredients in a clean bowl
- Mix together till well combined.
- Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months or for as long the individual spices would last based on the expiry dates.
- 1 teaspoon per cup of flour in a recipe ( adjust upwards to your taste )