This post may contain Affiliate links, please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
I created a section on the blog a while ago which I named ‘Outside My Kitchen’ where I intend sharing some of my experiences in diaspora. It will include tips and tricks and won’t be only food related. The first post was about our relocation I haven’t updated that section in a while. So I decided to start with this post about earning money while you shop for your groceries. Cool right?
Have you signed up with Ibotta yet? Maybe I should be asking if you have heard about IBOTTA. I wouldn’t blame you if you haven’t. I was totally clueless about this amazing app before my sis aka sis-in-law introduced me to it. Oh my that little sister of mine sure knows how to save money. I must say as a Nigerian who now lives in the United States I couldn’t have had a better tutor on how navigate my now American life and stay frugal.
This app literally pays you for buying your own groceries. This isn’t one of the get rich quick schemes you see on the internet. It actually needs a little effort on your part. But it’s effort you would ordinarily put in anyway, if you already buy groceries. A win- win right?
I have been using Ibotta now over 2 years and I must Say it’s an amazing way to earn some extra cash. My apologies for not sharing this app with you earlier than this. I would blame it on laziness. I was always procrastinating on putting up this tutorial but Thank God I have finally done it.
Ibotta is free to download and the cool thing is you get a $10 Sign-up bonus after uploading your first receipt.
* Unfortunately Ibotta is for US and Canadian Residents only
How to use Ibotta
1. Download the app already ? it’s FREE
- Register with your email address. If you haven’t? Register here.
- After registration, log in using your information. Then select the stores you love shopping at if you haven’t done that already.
- Find offers. You could click on home to take you to the homepage where you can look through offers suggested by the app.
- Select an offer, then complete a task associated with the offer. (It’s usually an easy question)
- Add as many offers as you can because the more offers you add, the more cash back you get. *
*Offers expire so remember to redeem them before they expire.
2. Go Shopping
When you add offers to your account, they can be found in my offers list. Then go shopping and buy those items in the participating stores ( some offers are retailer exclusive so be sure to check it out before shopping)
3. Redeem your offer
Click Redeem on the Navigation Bar then select the retailer where you bought the product
Take clear photos of the receipt and select any eligible offers.
Some retailers will require you to scan a QR code or receipt barcode in order to get your offer.
4. Earn Cash
When your redeemed offers get to $20 you can cash out. ‘REAL MONEY’
Tip. The fastest way to get your $20 cash out is by inviting friends. Make your to invite your friends too using your referral link or code. When you invite a friend using your referral code you get $5 for each friend you invite* and your friend gets $10 but you will have to redeem your first offer by uploading a receipt to get this bonus.
* You can only get this sign up bonus when you redeem your first offer by uploading your receipt and if your friend isn’t already registered with Ibotta.
Let’s get you started. Register here