Native Jollof Rice or Iwuk Edesi is a delicious ...
This Spicy, lemon honey glazed Chicken recipe my friends is insanely delicious and moist. The flavors are out of this world. A blend of citrus sweetness and spice. You tell me can it get any better?. Well maybe.... but definitely not today haha. Can you see the caramelized crispy juicy skin staring us in the face. Oh my!! That there is some delicious awesomeness at it's peak.
This Recipe has a mix of African, Caribbean and Western all in one. Wherever you are this recipe will surely call your name. Can you see the
Doesn't take much to prepare, just simple ingredients creating bursting flavors.
I find that citrus fruits work well with meats. I appreciated that when I tasted an orange chicken in a Chinese restaurant and I was hooked on citrus meats.
[bctt tweet="This SPICY, LEMON HONEY GLAZED CHICKEN is bursting with flavors and is to die for...." username="mydiaspokitch"]
Another fruit flavor that works well with chicken is apple. Check out my apple chicken roast recipe. The type of chicken used in that recipe is different from this and so was the method of cooking. I didn't need to marinade the apple chicken roast.
[bctt tweet="Enjoy this Spicy Lemon Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs. Citrusy and Sweet" username="mydiaspokitch"]
Now because the typical store bought American chicken is soft and tender, it cannot withstand the length of cooking required in the apple chicken roast recipe. Therefore a marinade is key. This ensures all the flavors blend in deliciously before roasting. I marinated the chicken for 1 hour ( because I had some time in my hands) 30 minutes to overnight is good for marinades.
This Chicken is delicious on its own, or when paired with any meal. Lets get to it.
Spicy lemon honey glazed chicken
- ¼ cup melted butter ( melt butter before you measure)
- 11/2 lemon ½ juiced,1 cut to wedges or circles
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- ½ tablespoon ground paprika for color
- ½ tablespoon ground Cameroun pepper (reduce or increase quantity to adjust heat to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger optional but rercommended
- 10 pieces chicken thighs washed and dabbed dry with kitchen towel
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Put chicken in a freezer bag.
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- Pour the marinade mix into the bag containing the chicken, seal and mix thoroughly
- Marinade the chicken in the fridge for 30 mins to an hour ( preferably overnight depending on how much time you have)
- After 30-45 mins pour the marinated chicken and the marinade mixture into a roast pan or a cast iron skillet. Top with some lemon wedges or circles.
- Put in the oven and bake uncovered for 45 mins to 1 hour or until the chicken skin is golden brown. Half through the baking time, bring out the skillet and glaze all the chicken thighs with honey.
- Put honey glazed chicken back in the oven to finish off baking.
- When it is fully cooked, Enjoy this delicious awesomeness as a side to any dish.