If you love pounded yam swallow, eba or any other swallow and you are on a ketogenic diet. Not to worry we got you covered. Yipee!!!! Faux fufu coming to the rescue with cauliflower being the main ingredient.
How cool is that? Getting to eat swallow on a ketogenic diet. Awesome I would say.
Let's get started.
Prep Time: 5 mins Yield: 2-3 servings
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 2-3 tablespoon of Psyllium husks powder.
- Cut out the cauliflower florets from stalk.
- Wash and put in a microwave safe bowl, add about a ¼ cup of water. ( this will help steam it in the microwave.
- Put in the microwave on high for 5 to 6 mins.
- Bring bowl out and pour cooked cauliflower into a colander to drain. Please be careful when you open the bowl because the steam will be very hot.
- Transfer cauliflower from colander to a bowl.
- With a hand blender* or food processor blend cauliflower till smooth.
- Add the psyllium husks powder and blend in.
- Beat with a wooden spoon .
- Wrap in cling film and allow to rest for about 10mins.
Your cauli swallow is ready to eat with any soup of your choice. Enjoy ?
* I prefer using a hand blender or food processor because that way I won't need to add water. With my blender I find that I need to add water to aid smooth operation.
I will be having mine with my thick okro soup. YUM!! Recipe here<<<<<
u on the ketogenic diet? If you are what Nigeria or African meals do you miss most on the ketogenic diet.
Cauli swallow is an awesome substitute for any swallow you may be craving. Why not give it a try and see.
You can also try our keto Amala swallow recipe here or cabbage swallow, recipe here.
Share your thoughts with us. We love to hear from you. Subcribe for more delicious awesomeness to get straight to your in box.
[…] Amala aka eggplant fufu Cauliflower fufu ( microwave method) Cauliflower fufu ( stove top ) Cabbage […]
[…] Cauliflower swallow […]