Goat meat pepper soup is the king of all pepper Soups no one is telling me otherwise. As a child I remember Christmas and New Year Celebrations were never complete without a bowl of goat meat pepper soup with all sorts of parts inclusive, cut up in tiny bite size juicy chunks. Hope you can relate with this goat meat matter ?
It had to be a He goat for that matter because of the unique odour associated with it. Kai poor He goat. But as they say that's the goat meat worth eating hmmmm... Oh well this goat meat is cooked to a soft juicy consistency that can only be described as food fit for the gods. Wait a sec, some people don't like goat meat my hubby inclusive, with the exception of our good old spicy asun. So if you don't like goat meat why not check out my chicken pepper soup and oxtail pepper soup which happens to be his fav. When I want to look for trouble I decide to cook goat meat pepper soup? because I love it.
Besides it's use for enjoyment during the festive season, Pepper soup of any kind is an appetite enhancer especially if you are under the weather. the pepper soup spices are said to be medicinal. Chicken pepper soup is my kids favorite while oxtail pepper soup is a winner in my hubby's opinion. For me any pepper soup goes ?... Bring it on already.. its winter over here and a comforting bowl of pepper soup is all I want.
I know I just said it but will say it again.... It's quite chilly in these parts of the world and cold times equals a nice and comforting bowl of pepper soup. You've got to give it a try you won't be sorry I promise. If you get to try out this recipe, would you consider rating it and dropping a comment below I am always excited to hear from you?
Hungry for more?
Did you know we have our very own cooking club? Join us and have some fun learning and sharing recipes. It's FREE. See you there!
Mouthwatering Goat meat Pepper Soup
- 1200 g goat meat (washed clean and cut up)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2-3 scotch bonnet / habanero pepper (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Pepper soup spice
- 1-2 Tbsp coarsely ground crayfish
- 1 small bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 sprig of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 stock cubes
- Salt to taste
- Place meat in a pot, fill with water enough to cover the meat generously.
- Add the onions, crushed garlic, stock cubes and some salt and allow to come to a boil
- When the contents in the pot begin to boil, add the pepper soup spice, ground crayfish ( if using ) and the chopped habanero pepper.
- Cook till the meat is tender and cooked through, then lower heat to a simmer. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Add the chopped red bell peppers and the chopped parsley. Allow simmer for a minute, then turn off heat.
- Enjoy warm.