Native Jollof Rice or Iwuk Edesi is a delicious ...
Air fryer banana bread has made its way into my home since we got this amazing kitchen equipment. Honestly over ripe bananas and an air fryer are a match made in heaven especially during the Summer months when putting on a regular oven isn’t what you want to do. Learn how to make easy moist and delicious banana bread in your air fryer with this step by step guide, pictures included.
Banana bread is all time favorite easy quick bread recipe. The magic flavor over ripe bananas add to this recipe can’t be over emphasized.
If you have enjoyed my banana bread recipes (I have 3 banana bread recipes on the blog and a banana cake recipe coming up) yes we do love bananas and anything made with them.
Air fryer Banana Bread
Are you wondering how a banana bread can be made in an air fryer? Wonder not dear friend, an air fryer is kind of a mini oven, it works with the convection oven technology.
So I am about to show you one of the easiest recipes you would make in your air fryer and I know it will be a pleasant surprise. Banana bread in an air fryer? Yes please!
How to make Banana bread in an Air fryer (Air fryer Banana Bread)
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Full recipe and instructions are at printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Depending on the size and shape of your Air fryer, the baking pan needed for this banana bread will differ. For this recipe, I used this bread pan because I like my banana breads in a loaf pan. Feel free to use a 6 inch round cake pan or a 7 inch one depending on what you have at home.
- All purpose flour
- Very ripe bananas
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Sour cream
- Sugar (white or brown is fine)
- baking soda
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg
Step by Step Photos
Pic 1-3; add egg melted butter to mashed bananas, then add Sour cream
Pic 4-6; Add sugar, flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix
Pic 7-9; Pour batter into a lined loaf pan, bake in the air fryer
Pic 10-12; After 10 mins cover the bread with a foil to prevent banana bread from browning too much. Finish off the baking and enjoy with some freshly squeezed orange juice
How to make Air fryer banana nut bread.
If you can make banana bread in this amazing kitchen device, then you can easily add some nuts to top off the bread.
Pick your choice of nuts, I like to use walnuts, peanuts, almonds or pecans Sometimes I use a mix of nuts. Yummy!
Quick Recipe notes and Tips for the best air fryer banana bread
- You do not need to preheat your air fryer for this recipe.
- The size of loaf pan matters for this recipe. If you have a squarish air fryer basket like mine then you can use smaller sized loaf pans like this or this. If you have an air fryer with a roundish basket, go for a 6 inch or 7 in round pan. Whichever you are buy, avoid loaf pans with lips. The lips may prevent the pan from fitting into most air fryer baskets.
- For the first 15-10 mins, bake the banana bread uncovered, after that cover top with foil to prevent it from getting too brown
- Start checking for doneness from 40 mins.
How to store Banana bread
You can also store in the refrigerator for up to a week and the freezer for up to 3 months. Trust me this banana bread never lasts that long.
Tools you might need
- This is the air fryer I use and I love it!
- I use this medium sized loaf pan for my air fryer banana bread. Feel free to use a 6 inch or 7 inch round pan if that’s what you have.
- Mixing bowls
More Air fryer recipes!
- Air fryer Mexican rice
- Brazilian Chicken in the Air fryer
- How to make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer
Other Banana Recipes
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful? Leave me a comment below and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group so others can enjoy it too. Thank you!
Click here to pin this recipe for later.
PS: Enjoyed this Recipe? Share it so others can enjoy it too. Thank you 😊
Air fryer banana bread
- Air fryer
- 2 very ripe bananas (mashed)
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon sour cream
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ Cup All purpose flour
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper
- Add melted butter and egg to mashed bananas, mix to combine.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla extract and sugar to the mix, stir to combine.
- Finally add the flour, baking soda and cinnamon to the batter and mix to combine.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in the air fryer at 340 F for 20 mins. Pull out the air fryer basket and cover the top of the banana bread with foil then put back in the air fryer for another 20 mins.
- After the second 20 mins, check for doneness. If it’s still wet at the center, bake for another 5 to 10 mins. Bring it out and when it’s ready, let it cool for 8 mins in the pan, then cool completely on a cooling rack.
- I do not need to preheat my air fryer. If your air fryer manual says to preheat your air fryer, feel free to do so.
- Covering the banana bread with foil half way prevents it from getting too brown on top.